Table of contents

When a registered private school is approved as an accredited private school, students enrolled in the school prior to the change in classification may be awarded senior high school credits for courses successfully completed prior to the change of classification, at the discretion of the principal of the accredited private school. 

When a student transfers to a school authority from a registered Alberta private school or other non-accredited school, the student may be awarded credits for previous instruction at the discretion of the principal of the receiving school. In these instances, the student is responsible for providing the principal with a record of the final mark awarded and an outline of each course.

When credits for previous instruction are submitted into PASI, the principal may only submit a “P” for pass, not a grade or percentage score.