After each semester or school year, students shall be awarded credits by Alberta Education on the recommendation of the principal, subject to the following ministry requirements:
- Instruction is the responsibility of qualified teachers holding valid Alberta teaching certificates.
- Students in all senior high schools have access to a minimum of 1000 hours of instruction per school year, as outlined in Program Planning – Senior High School.
- The content of each course follows that outlined in the senior high school programs of study.
- The senior high school is operating in accordance with the Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12.
- Student assessment is carried out in accordance with school authority policy and is consistent with the Student Assessment Policy.
- School-awarded marks in diploma examination courses and final marks in all other senior high school courses are endorsed by the principal in accordance with school authority requirements. School-awarded marks are subsequently submitted to Alberta Education for recording at a time and in a manner determined by the minister.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.