For advisories, timing restrictions and closures for this and other areas, visit:
Maps of this area
Download current maps of the Bighorn Backcountry including the Job/Cline PLUZ, digital mapping options and smaller area-specific Allstones and Cline River Corridor maps at: Bighorn Backcountry - Overview.
Area and trail information
View activity and trail information for the area:
About this area/PLUZ
This area was established in June 1985 to provide a network of trails for non-motorized, equestrian and motorized use. Seasonal access for motorized vehicles is permitted only on designated trails.
This area is 1378 square kilometres (532 square miles).
Legislation, management, and planning
- Familiarize yourself with current legislation and regulations by visiting Public Land Enforcement
- Bighorn Backcountry access management plan
- North Saskatchewan regional planning process
Stewardship, monitoring, and biodiversity initiatives
- Bighorn Backcountry – Monitoring
- Bighorn Backcountry recreational access recommendations
- Check out the Outdoor Recreation Channel for current information on stewardship projects and citizen science opportunities.
Connect with Alberta Environment and Parks:
Call 310-LAND anytime to report illegal activity, public safety issues, and enforcement concerns on Crown land (public land, provincial parks and protected areas).
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.