If the incident is happening right now, call the Report A Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800.
You can play a role in protecting fish and wildlife resources and our natural surroundings by observing the activity around you.
When you report an incident:
- you could be eligible for a reward for providing information on violations of Alberta’s fish or wildlife laws
- you don’t have to provide your personal information
- any personal information you provide can be confidential
You can remain anonymous. However, investigations are often more successful if you provide your contact information so that an officer can follow up with you for more details.
After you make a report, our Fish and Wildlife officers will then investigate it.
The Alberta Conservation Association funds the reward payments.
View related regulations:
What to report
Our Fish and Wildlife officers want to know about these kinds of incidents:
- suspicious hunting or fishing activity
- wildlife emergencies (for example, a bear encounter)
- for a problem with an animal that's not an emergency, call your nearest Fish and Wildlife office during regular business hours
The new 310-LAND number makes it easier for Albertans to report parks and public land violations and public safety incidents 24/7 including:
- enforcement/safety calls in Provincial Parks and public land
- damage to public land
- wheels in water
- serious noise complaints
- general land-related inquiries
- information requests
Report A Poacher phone line
Toll free: 1-800-642-3800 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
Report A Poacher online
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.