A privacy breach has occurred at the Alberta Dental Service Corporation, a company that delivers the dental benefits for this program. Albertans who are currently receiving or have received financial assistance for dental care through this program, at any time from 2006 to 2023, should visit the Alberta Dental Service Corporation website for more information and steps they need to take.
- You have a medical condition that substantially limits your ability to earn a living.
- Your medical condition is likely to remain permanent.
- There is no medical treatment, therapy, rehabilitation or training available that will help improve your ability to earn a living.
- You are at least 18 years old and not eligible to receive an Old Age Security pension.
- You live in Alberta and are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You are not in a correctional facility or some mental health facilities such as Alberta Hospital Edmonton.
- You meet financial eligibility criteria.
What you may get
Depending on your situation, you may get:
- a monthly living allowance – money to pay for your living costs such as food, rent and utilities
- a monthly child benefit – money to assist you with raising your dependent children
- health benefits – assistance to cover health needs for you, your spouse or partner and your dependent children
- personal benefits – money over and above your monthly living allowance for specific needs such as a special diet or assistance in an emergency
- AISH reviews applications in the order they are received.
- Applicants who are receiving end-of-life palliative care and/or have been diagnosed with a terminal illness are prioritized.
- Application processing times vary depending on the number of applications AISH receives from Albertans and how quickly we get all the financial and medical information we need for each person’s application.