Health care coverage

Learn about the requirements to apply, register and get your health care card for coverage of insured health services in Alberta under the AHCIP (Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan).

If you travel outside of Alberta, know what is covered before you leave – not every health service is covered or reimbursed.

If you are an evacuee from Ukraine living in Alberta, you may apply for health care coverage. For more information on this process and other Government of Alberta programs and services available to evacuees from Ukraine, read Support for Ukrainians.

In focus

Apply for coverage

Determine if you are eligible for AHCIP and find out how to apply.

Replace your card

Get a replacement AHCIP card if your personal health care card is damaged, lost or stolen.

Update your account

Update your information when you move, get married or divorced, have a baby, will be temporarily absent and more.

Services covered by AHCIP

Learn about the insured health services covered in Alberta, Canada, and outside Canada.

AHCIP top forms

Get all AHCIP and Alberta Blue Cross forms


Due to high call volumes, it is recommended you read through our web content before you call us.

To register or update your information, go to a participating registry agent.

Connect with AHCIP

Was this page helpful?

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on