Plan your next adventure: Download Alberta’s Public Land Trail Guide.
Use the maps below to help you plan an outdoor adventure on public land or explore new areas in the province.
- PDF maps can be downloaded to your mobile device or printed for offline use.
- Georeferenced maps can be used offline on your mobile device using the Avenza mobile app. Download maps before you head out.
|Designated Trails and PLUZ||Location||PDF Map||Georeferenced Map|
|Athabasca Ranch, Brule Lake and Coal Branch PLUZ||East of Jasper National Park, West of Edmonton||Map|
|Hinton Mountain Bike Trails||Trails Managed by Hinton Mountain Bike Association, West of Edmonton||Map|
|Holmes Crossing||Northwest of Edmonton||Map|
|Whitecourt Sandhills||Northwest of Edmonton||Map|
|Bighorn Backcountry PLUZs:||East of Jasper and Banff National Parks, West of Red Deer||Map||Map (PDF, 5.7 MB)|
|Baseline Mountain Bike Trails||East of Banff National Park, West of Rocky Mountain House||Map|
|Ghost||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map|
|Kananaskis PLUZs:||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Access - Map|
|Sibbald Snow Vehicle||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map|
|East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map|
|Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, Southwest of Calgary||Map (PDF, 8.3 MB)|
|Bragg Creek Trails||Trails managed by Bragg Creek Trails, West of Calgary||Map (PDF, 1.6 MB)|
|Moose Mountain Trails||Trails Managed by Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society, West of Calgary||Map|
|Porcupine Hills||Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, West of Lethbridge||Map|
|Livingstone||Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, West of Lethbridge||Map|
|Great Divide Trail||The continental divide of the Rocky Mountains between Alberta and British Columbia, from Waterton Lakes National Park to Jasper National Park||Map|
|Provincial Trails||Designated provincial trails on public land (within and outside of PLUZs)||Map|
Crown land maps
- Download Alberta’s Public Land Trail Guide to explore recreation opportunities on designated public land trails across the province.
- Explore Alberta’s Interactive Recreation Map to find general information about Crown land sites across the province, and recreation pass boundaries.
- Learn more about agricultural public land and the process for requesting access to an agricultural lease on public land for recreation.
- Explore Alberta Parks’ 474 sites in provincial parks and protected areas across the province.
Find more information about recreation opportunities and regulations:
Connect with us:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.