Holmes Crossing PLUZ

Maps, activities and regulations for this Public Land Use Zone.

Plan your next adventure: Download Alberta’s Public Land Trail Guide.

For advisories and closures for this and other areas, visit:

Map of this area

Download a current map of Brule for the Holmes Crossing Public Land Use Zone (PLUZ): 

Area and trail information

View information for Provincial Park Recreation Areas and other information on the region:

  • Camping

    • Random, no-service, camping is permitted.
    • Campsites and fires must be a least one kilometre (0.6 miles) from a Recreation Area, Provincial Park or a roadway.
    • Nearby, serviced camping is available at: Alberta Parks.
    • Review the regulations and best practices for camping on public land.
  • Motorized

    Motocross Icon   ATV Icon   Prohibited Side by Side Icon   Prohibited OHV   Snowmobile Icon

    • Off-highway vehicles (OHV) are not permitted.
    • Snowmobiles permitted only on designated trails from December 1 to March 1. For further information see: Know Before You Go: Snowmobiles.
  • Non-motorized

    Hiking Icon   Horsebackriding Icon   Cross Country Skiing Icon

  • Hunting

    Hunting Icon

    • Alberta hunting regulations apply. For details on hunting regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Hunting: Regulations.
    • Hunting is not permitted in Provincial Recreation Areas (PRAs).
  • Fishing

    Fishing Icon

    • Alberta fishing regulations apply. For details on fishing regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Fishing: Regulations.

About this area/PLUZ

This area was created in May 1999 to provide opportunities for  non-motorized recreation and reduce conflicts with summer motorized users.

This area is 27 square kilometres (10.4 square miles).

Legislation, management, and planning

Stewardship and biodiversity initiatives


Connect with us:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Regional Area Office – Whitecourt
Phone: 780-778-7153
Toll free: 310-LAND (5263) (in Alberta)

Call 310-LAND anytime to report illegal activity, public safety issues, and enforcement concerns on Crown land (public land, provincial parks and protected areas).

1st Floor, 5020 52 Avenue
Whitecourt, Alberta  T7S 1N2