Call 911 if you're in immediate danger.

Call 211 Alberta – If you are unsure who to call or what service you need. They will help you determine what you need and will connect you to the appropriate social, health or government service, including an appropriate crisis support line.

Sexual assault services


Shelters can provide you a place to stay if you need to escape family violence or are experiencing homelessness.

Family violence

  • Family Violence Info Line – if you or someone you know is experiencing family violence or abuse, and you have questions or want to anonymously find out about programs, resources and services
    • Toll free: 310-1818 (24/7, 170+ languages)
  • Alberta Provincial Abuse Helpline – if you suspect someone is experiencing family violence or abuse

Financial supports

Victim services and legal supports

  • Help for victims of crime – support is available if you have experienced physical or emotional harm as a result of a crime
  • Victim services units – if you need help with restraining and protection orders or other supports for victims of crime
  • Legal Aid Alberta – if you need help with legal issues
  • Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton – independent legal advice for survivors of sexual violence; available to adults (18+) of any gender who live in Alberta and have experienced sexual violence in Alberta
    • Phone: 780-784-2213 (9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Thursday; 9 am to 3 pm, Friday)

Indigenous supports

LGBTQ2S+ supports

  • LGBT Youthline – confidential, non-judgemental and informed LGBTQ2S+ peer support
  • Trans Lifeline – a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support and resources they need to survive and thrive

Kids helpline