Government programs and services are available to help you and your family recover from the effects of a serious crime.

Financial help

Apply for victim restitution and recovery

Ask the judge to have an offender pay you back for expenses caused by the crime.

Court-related expense reimbursement

Victims of crime and families of homicide victims can apply to get reimbursed for court-related travel expenses.

Services and assistance

Victims of Crime Assistance Program

Financial assistance is available if you have been the victim of a violent crime.

Families of homicide victims can get reimbursed for funeral expenses and get immediate access to grief counselling.

Minors who witness violence on a parent, family member, or someone they have a close personal attachment to, can get immediate counselling.

Was this page helpful?

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.