We are committed to providing support to survivors of sexual assault, no matter where in the province they live.
Rural Sexual Assault Care - Expanded is an online micro-credential course delivered by Northwestern Polytechnic and funded by the Alberta government.
It equips health-care professionals with the technical and emotional skills required to provide comprehensive, trauma-informed care to recent survivors including:
- forensic evidence collection
- court testimony
The micro-credential course builds on the Enhanced Emergency Sexual Assault Services training program offered through the Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services.
The Rural Sexual Assault Care - Expanded micro-credential course is open to:
- registered nurses
- nurse practitioners
- registered midwives
- Delivered online in an asynchronous format with the support of a tutor.
- 10 to 12 hours of self-paced learning material.
- 90 days to complete the course.
- $299 per person.
- Health-care providers working in rural Alberta are eligible for a bursary from the Government of Alberta to cover tuition fees.
- Apply for the tuition bursary during the application process.
How to apply
Eligible health-care providers must apply through Northwestern Polytechnic.