The Edmonton reception area for the Maintenance Enforcement Program is permanently closed.

Learn how to make your payments in person or have your documents commissioned.

MEP Accounts Online
Log in now

What's important to know

  • payors can choose the frequency of payment to ensure payments are made by the court-ordered due dates when completing the Authorized Bank Withdrawal form (PDF, 200 KB) or the Debtor Voluntary Pay Deduction form (PDF, 115 KB)
  • either the payor or recipient of support can register for MEP (if you live outside of Alberta, register with the enforcement program in your jurisdiction or call us for more information)
  • MEP can only enforce a Maintenance Order, or a Maintenance Agreement that's filed with the court
  • MEP does not provide legal representation or advice to clients
  • to change the amount payable:
  • to keep child support levels in line with income, consider the Child Support Recalculation Program to adjust your court order on an ongoing basis. Recalculations are timed around the anniversary date of your court order, based on your most recent tax return

Recipient of support

The recipient of support – or creditor – is the person who receives child, spousal or partner support payments. As the recipient of support, you must do all of these:

  • get a court order
  • send us any information that can help us get payments from the payor of support
  • respond to any changes in the court order that the payor of support applies for
  • inform us of any changes to your name, address, phone number or banking information that affects direct deposit
  • inform us of any changes in the child’s status (eg, residence, education)
  • inform us of any payments you receive directly from the payor of support

Payor of support

The payor of support – or debtor – is the person who pays child, spousal or partner support. As the payor of support, you must do all of these:

  • make all payments to MEP on time according to the court order
  • inform us of any anticipated payment problems such as late payments
  • inform us of any changes to your address, phone number, employment or banking information
  • inform us of any changes in the child’s status (eg, residence, education)



To connect with the Maintenance Enforcement Program.