Heritage Savings Trust Fund
Find information about Alberta’s main long-term savings fund, which produces income to support government programs essential to Albertans.
- The Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund 2017-18 Annual Report (PDF, 1 MB) was released on June 28, 2018.
- Over the 2017-18 fiscal year, the Heritage Fund earned a 8.5% return and $1.8 billion in net income.
- As of March 31, 2018, the fund’s assets were worth $17.4 billion on a fair value basis.
- Over the past 5 years, the Heritage Fund earned an 11.0% average annual rate of return.
- Since 1976, the Fund has contributed $43.0 billion to fund Albertans’ priorities like health care and education.
Annual Reports (from 1990-91 to current)
Quarterly Reports (from 2005-06 to current)
Historical Timeline (updated quarterly)
Statement of Investment Policy and Goals (effective April 2011)
About the Heritage Fund
The Heritage Fund is Alberta’s main long-term savings fund. The Fund was established in 1976 to collect a portion of Alberta’s non-renewable resource revenue for future generations.
Today, the Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) invests the Fund in a globally diversified portfolio across many assets classes, such as stocks, bonds, and real estate.
The income produced by the Fund supports government programs essential to Albertans like health care, education and infrastructure.
The Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund is unique to Alberta. No other province has such a fund.
Alberta Growth Mandate
AIMCo - Alberta Growth Mandate (PDF, 36 KB) (December 2015)
Glossary (PDF, 190 KB)
Committee and others responsible for management
Standing Committee on the Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund
To view the current members of the Heritage Fund Standing Committee, meeting information and contact information, please visit the Standing Committee website.
Treasury Board and Finance Contact
Lowell Epp, Assistant Deputy Minister, Treasury and Risk Management, Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Kevin Uebelein, Chief Executive Officer, Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)
Doug Wylie, FCPA, FCMA, ICD.D, Auditor General of Alberta
9th Floor, Federal Building
9820 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 1E7
Contact your MLA
See contact information for your MLA at the Legislative Assembly of Alberta website.