Kananaskis Conservation Pass required
A Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to access Kananaskis Country and the Bow Valley Corridor with your vehicle. For more information, see:
For advisories and closures for this and other areas, visit:
Maps of this area
Download current maps of the Livingstone Public Land Use Zone (PLUZ) at:
- Random, no-service camping is permitted.
- Campsites and fires must be a least one kilometre (0.6 miles) from a Provincial Recreation Area, Provincial Park or a roadway.
- Review the regulations and best practices for camping on public land.
- Off-highway vehicles (OHV) are not permitted.
- Vehicles are not permitted to leave roadways.
- Snowmobiles permitted only on designated trails. For further information see: Know Before You Go: Snowmobiles.
- Hiking permitted.
- Equestrian permitted.
- Cross-country skiing permitted.
- Review the regulations and best practices for non-motorized recreation on public land.
- Alberta hunting regulations apply. For details on hunting regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Hunting: Regulations
- Hunting is not permitted in Provincial Recreation Areas (PRAs).
- Alberta fishing regulations apply.
- For details on fishing regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Fishing: Regulations
Area and trail information
Under the backcountry trail rehabilitation program, trails in the area may be temporarily closed due to construction. Please be aware of construction projects on trails and avoid temporary closure areas.
View information for Provincial Park Recreation Areas and other information on the region:
About this area/PLUZ
|Size:||This area is 503 square kilometres (194.2 square miles).|
|Mandate:||This area was established to provide snowmobiling opportunities in the Cataract Creek area.|
|Legislation, management, and planning:||
Connect with us:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Southern Rockies Area Office – Blairmore
Toll free: 310-LAND (5263) (in Alberta)
Call 310-LAND anytime to report illegal activity, public safety issues, and enforcement concerns on Crown land (public land, provincial parks and protected areas).
11901 19 Avenue
Blairmore, Alberta T0K 0E0
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.