Kananaskis Conservation Pass required
A Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to access Kananaskis Country and the Bow Valley Corridor with your vehicle. For more information, see:
For advisories and closures for this and other areas, visit:
Maps of this area
Area and trail information
Under the backcountry trail rehabilitation program, trails in the area may be temporarily closed due to construction. Please be aware of construction projects on trails and avoid temporary closure areas.
View information for Provincial Park Recreation Areas and other information on the region:
- Random, no-service camping is permitted.
- Campsites and fires must be a least one kilometre (0.6 miles) from a Provincial Recreation Area, Provincial Park or a roadway. For further information see: Recreation on public land - Overview.
Off-highway vehicles (OHV) are not permitted.
- Vehicles are not permitted to leave roadways.
- Recreation on public land - Overview: Know B4 U Go
Snowmobiles permitted only on designated trails. For further information see: Know Before You Go: Snowmobiles.
Cross-country skiing permitted.
For further information see: Recreation on public land - Overview.
Alberta hunting regulations apply. For details on hunting regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Hunting: Regulations
Hunting is not permitted in Provincial Recreation Areas (PRAs).
Alberta fishing regulations apply. For details on fishing regulations, visit the My Wild Alberta website at: Fishing: Regulations
About this area/PLUZ
This area was created in October, 1979 to provide snowmobiling opportunities in the Cataract Creek area.
This area is 503 square kilometres (194.2 square miles).
Legislation, management, and planning relevant to area
- Public Lands Act
- Public Lands Administration Regulation
- South Saskatchewan Regional Planning Process
Stewardship, monitoring, and biodiversity initiatives
- There are currently no initiatives at this time.
Connect with Alberta Environment and Parks:
11901 19 Avenue
Blairmore, Alberta T0K 0E0
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.