Submitting Your Formal Disposition Application
Once you have completed the pre-application planning for your disposition, you will be able to submit your application to the Alberta government or the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) (the Agency). Below is a summary of some key things you should be aware of while making an application submission.
All these steps are available in more detail at:
Additional information on how to complete supplements and other information for formal dispositions can be found at:
- Disposition Application Checklist
- Consent Submissions for Formal Dispositions, Authorizations and Approvals
- Instructions for Completion of EDS Supplements for Formal Disposition Applications (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Master Schedule of Standards and Conditions
1. Non-Refundable Application Fee
All formal disposition applications submitted to the Alberta government are subject to a non-refundable application fee as defined in the Public Lands Rents and other Amounts Payable Order (Ministerial Order 28/2015 and Ministerial Order 45/2019). To view the order, see:
NOTE: Submissions made to AER do not require an application fee, but other incidental charges may apply.
2. Electronic Disposition System (EDS) Submission
Most applications must be submitted through the Electronic Disposition System (EDS) and AER applications through OneStop.
These manuals and additional information on EDS are accessible at:
3. Instructions for Specific Types of Operations
Information on the unique requirements for associated dispositions, access roads, and planning for temporary incidental activities.
A disposition application requirements guide for Commercial, Industrial and Recreational Operations.
Information on surface material disposition application requirements, including and excluding peat operations.
4. Public Lands Disposition Required Components
Ensure you have met all the requirements and that you have attached all relevant documents:
All applications are required to include:
- File Number for Consultation (FNC)
- Landscape Analysis Tool (LAT) report
- Land Standing report
- Plan Confirmation Number
Applicants may choose to submit a Cover Letter describing the details of the project. The Alberta government considers this optional.
Incomplete formal disposition applications will be rejected upon review, and application fees will not be refunded.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.