Intake status: Application intake closed on February 23, 2022.
Ministry responsible: Jobs, Economy and Innovation.
The Restrictions Exemption Program Implementation Grant provided a one-time payment of $2,000 to eligible businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations that implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program.
Organizations could use the funds to offset some of the costs associated with implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program.
Intake closed as of February 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
If an application was submitted on or before February 23, 2022, it will remain under consideration until a decision on eligibility has been reached.
To be eligible, an Albertan organization must have:
- been on the list of eligible in-scope operators
- implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program consistently as part of daily operations
- verified proof of vaccination, negative test results or medical exemption for patrons 12 and over
- a permanent establishment in Alberta
- employed fewer than 500 employees
Refer to Appendix I of the archived Restrictions Exemption Program Implementation Grant guidelines for more information about in-scope operators.
Audit and compliance
All applications and corresponding grants are subject to a potential audit by the Government of Alberta, or its authorized representatives, upon reasonable notice to the recipient.
- Any audit process encompasses taking copies and extracts of the records and books of account maintained by the recipient in accordance with the criteria outlined in the “Eligibility criteria” section of the archived program guidelines.
- If records or accounts are deemed inadequate to permit a determination of eligibility, repayment of the grant funding by the recipient may be required.
Connect with a Program Officer if you have questions:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.