For general information on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, see the Government of Canada.
Temporary Foreign Worker Advisory Office
Alberta’s Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Advisory Office helps temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization) and employers understand their rights and responsibilities and find solutions to situations involving unfair, unsafe or unhealthy working conditions.
Services provided by the office include:
- responding to complaints, questions and requests for information
- making referrals to appropriate authorities where there are allegations of mistreatment, including potential elements of human trafficking
- this includes helping temporary foreign workers who are experiencing abuse to complete applications for open work permits such as the Vulnerable Worker Open Work Permit
- working with agencies to ensure safe, fair and healthy workplaces
- helping temporary foreign workers find resources
- outreach services across Alberta, including
- facilitating presentations for temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization), employers and other stakeholders
- arranging in-person appointments with clients
- helping clients understand their rights and responsibilities while working and living in Alberta
- providing an opportunity to learn about available services and resources and ask questions of an advisor.
- to request a presentation email [email protected]
All services are free and confidential.
Phone: You can contact the Temporary Foreign Worker Advisory Office toll-free throughout most of the world at 1-877-944-9955, with the following exception:
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: 8:15 am – 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Closed weekends and general holidays
For information, support and referrals, see Resources for Temporary Foreign Workers.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.