COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
The Ministry of Culture and Status of Women has many grant programs that accept applications through multiple intakes on an annual basis.
Application deadlines are listed on individual grant pages.
To help narrow your grant search, check the codes at the end of each grant’s link. These letters show some of the most common eligibility categories:
- B – business
- FN – First Nation
- I – individual
- M – municipality
- MS – Metis Settlement
- NP – non-profit organization
- PS – post-secondary institution
- S – school (K-12)
Learn more about the full eligibility requirements for a specific grant by reviewing that grant’s page.
Community celebrations, Alberta Foundation for the Arts, personal artistic practices, arts programming and projects, Alberta's resident artist.
- Alberta Culture Days Grant (FN, MS, NP, PS)
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts (Government of Alberta agency) – visit website to learn about eligibility
- Apply to be Alberta’s Artist in Residence/Arts Ambassador (I)
Cultural and sport events, capacity building and core operations, community programs and facilities, intercultural awareness and understanding.
- Community Facility Enhancement Program – small and large funding streams (FN, MS, NP, PS)
- Community Initiatives Program – Major Cultural and Sport Events Grant (FN, MS, NP, PS)
- Community Initiatives Program – Operating Grant (FN, MS, NP)
- Community Initiatives Program – Project-Based Grant (FN, MS, NP, PS, S)
- Enhanced Capacity Advancement Program (NP)
- Multiculturalism, Indigenous and Inclusion Grant Program (FN, MS, NP, PS) – new grant
- Other Initiatives Program (FN, MS, NP, PS)
Books, magazines, sound recordings, film productions; art production, training, career development; marketing and research.
- Cultural Industry Organizations Operating Grant (B, FN, MS, NP)
- Cultural Industry Organizations Project Grant (B, FN, MS, NP)
- Cultural Industry Support Organizations Operating Grant (FN, MS, NP)
Conservation of historic places, interpret history, publications, historical knowledge base, heritage-based scholarship.
- Bob Etherington Heritage Conservation Fund (B, FN, I, M, MS, NP, PS)
- Heritage Awareness Grants (B, FN, I, M, MS, NP, S, PS)
- Historic Resource Conservation Grants (B, FN, I, M, MS, NP, S, PS)
- Publication Grants (B, FN, I, M, MS, NP, S, PS)
- Research Grants (B, FN, I, M, MS, NP, S, PS)
- Roger Soderstrom Scholarship (I)
Films, television series, digital media; script development; post-production, visual effects, digital animation.
- Alberta Made Production Grant (B, FN, MS) – new grant
- Alberta Project Script Development Grant (B, FN, MS)
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant (B, FN, I, MS)
Sport and recreation
Recreation and physical activity programming, high performance athletes, operational needs, leadership development and certification.
Status of Women
Support for students who work to reduce gender discrimination in their communities or increase gender representation in their field of study.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.