- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Application intake windows
- January 2 to 16
- July 2 to 16
The grant assists Alberta producers to develop Alberta content. It also helps them attract and maintain skilled labour by providing employment opportunities for emerging talent and established industry professionals.
Recognizing that small-budget productions have different funding needs than large-budget productions, the grant provides funding to help productions manage their immediate cash flow needs via an interim payment.
The grant supports smaller productions as an integral piece of the overall industry ecosystem in Alberta by:
- promoting investment in the creation of smaller-budget productions by Alberta producers
- supporting Alberta creatives by providing specialized support for emerging and established producers working on smaller-budget productions
- providing cultural benefits to the province by supporting the creation of Alberta content and stories by Alberta companies
The grant covers 25% of eligible Alberta production costs to a maximum of $125,000. The program is competitive with a limited budget. Applications that most align with the intent of the program and ministry objectives will be awarded funding.
- Completion Report Commissioning (PDF, 309 KB) February 2021
- Program guidelines (PDF, 310 KB) December 2020
- Evaluation criteria (PDF, 501 KB) March 2020
- Overhead clarification (PDF, 416 KB) January 2020
- Insurance requirements (PDF, 596 KB) January 2020
How to apply
Step 1: Review the guidelines
Review the Alberta Made Production Grant guidelines (PDF, 434 KB) to ensure you understand the requirements and complete the Eligibility Checklist on page 5 of the Guidelines
Step 2: Create an online profile
New applicants must set up an online profile prior to filling out an application. To set up a profile, email [email protected] with the following information:
- first and last name
- company name (you must be registered with Alberta Corporate Registry to apply)
- preferred email address
Your login credentials will be emailed to you.
Step 3: Gather the required information and documentation
Step 4: Submit the online application
Your application and all supporting documents must be received through the Online Grant Application System.
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on the day of the deadline. If the deadline falls on a statutory holiday or a weekend, it will be extended to the next working day at 11:59 pm.
Faxed, mailed, late or incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Capitalization Table Form (XLSX, 51 KB)
- Chain of Title Documentation Form (PDF, 152 KB)
- AMPG Budget (XLSX, 90 KB)
- AMPG Submission Declaration (PDF, 125 KB)
- AMPG Residency Declaration (PDF, 118 KB)
- Production Change Form (PDF, 102 KB)
After you apply
If your application is approved, you will be contacted to confirm you wish to proceed with the grant. Should you wish to proceed with funding, a grant agreement will be sent to you. The grant agreement will include a list of project deliverables and reporting requirements.
Applicants are responsible for tracking obligations outlined in the grant agreement and guidelines and must meet all reporting requirements. Failure to do so could result in termination of the grant agreement.
Applications are scored against a set of pre-established criteria. The criteria is listed in the Evaluation Criteria document (PDF, 501 KB).
Funding is awarded to those projects that most closely align with the intent of the program and ministry objectives.
The Minister has full discretion in funding decisions. All funding decisions are final and appeals are not accepted.
See the AMPG Reporting One Sheet (PDF, 178 KB). This form is a quick overview of the reporting process and requirements that can be used to compliment the information found in your grant agreement and the AMPG Guidelines.
Applicants are eligible to apply for the instalment payment following completion of principal photography or the date listed in the Schedule 'C' of the Grant Agreement.
Login to the Online Grant Application System to complete your reporting.
To request the instalment payment complete and submit the following:
- Complete the online (GATE) report
- Attach the Completion of Principal Photography Form (PDF, 94 KB)
To request the final payment complete and submit the following:
- Complete the online (GATE) report
- Attach a copy of the updated AMPG Budget originally submitted
- Attach a copy of the General Ledger
- Attach a copy of the Final Project Declaration (PDF, 127 KB)
- Submit a copy of the final production
Government of Alberta statement and logos
To obtain the government logo you must contact the program office directly at [email protected].
Connect with the Alberta Made Production Grant program: