COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The intake for 2021-22 Persons Case Scholarship is now open.
Application deadline: December 31, 2021
The Persons Case Scholarship supports women, men and gender-diverse individuals studying in the arts, humanities and social sciences fields whose work advances gender equality or who are studying in fields where their gender is underrepresented or disadvantaged.
- $100,000 is available for this scholarship.
- 40 students will receive $2,500 each for their studies.
The Persons Case Scholarship is an annual program and applicants can apply once during each intake. Applicants must meet the below criteria to be considered eligible.
- Any gender is eligible to apply.
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible).
- Be a resident of Alberta; to be considered, one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 6 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies or
- the student’s spouse or partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 6 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary
- There is no age limit.
- Student status:
- undergraduates – must be a registered (full or part-time) student in an approved Alberta post-secondary institution
- graduates – must be an Alberta resident (as described above) and be registered (full or part-time) in a graduate program in Alberta or elsewhere
- Indigenous students, racialized students and students living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
High school students or below are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form – including your written submission.
- Add 2 reference letters that speak to your academic potential and/or contributions (volunteering, leaderships, mentoring) to equality in your chosen field.
- Add proof of enrollment or active student status from your institution of study.
- Note, admission letter is not sufficient.
- The application form, reference letters and proof of enrollment must be submitted together in one email.
- Note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications can be emailed (preferred) or mailed.
Connect with Alberta Culture and Status of Women:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Alberta Culture and Status of Women
9th Floor, 10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.