Organizations and employees need to know Occupational Health and Safety Code (OHS code) to ensure the protection of Alberta workers. The code and the plain language guide with illustrations makes the code easy to understand. Both products are available in a smaller portable 6” X 9” handbook and a full size binder.
The OHS Code sets out the minimum technical requirements for health and safety in Alberta’s workplaces.
OHS Code - free version
- OHS Code (PDF, 3.5 MB)
OHS Code binder
- Purchase full OHS Code binder (Includes January 2020 update)
Includes a detailed index and colored tabs for easy reference. This full size format is a great office resource, updates to your binder can be purchased.
OHS Act, Regulations and Code binder updates:
- Purchase June 2018 binder update: Contains a full content replacement
- Purchase January 1, 2019 binder update: Contains amendments to Farming and Ranching as well as changes to hazardous footwear
- Purchase January 31, 2020 binder updates: Contains parts 1, 3, 6, 8, 9, 16, 19, 23, 24, 25 and 35 of the OHS Code to repeal requirements for farming and ranching operations.
OHS Code handbook
A 6" X 9" portable format for field use and mobile workers.
OHS Code explanation guide
This guide explains the requirements of the OHS Code in plain, easy-to-understand language. It includes illustrations to help readers understand the requirements of the code.
OHS Code explanation guide - free version
- OHS Code explanation guide (PDF, 73 MB) – includes an index
OHS Code explanation guide binder
This binder includes detailed explanations, coloured tabs for easy reference, and illustrations to help readers further understand the OHS Code. This full size format is a great office resource, updates to your binder can be purchased.
OHS Code explanation guide binder updates:
OHS Code explanation guide handbook
This 2-volume handbook set contains the complete OHS Code explanation guide in a convenient and portable 6" X 9" format.
Print products listed above can be bulk purchased using the OHS Code form (PDF, 834 KB). Order information can be found at the bottom of the form.
Subscribe to receive OHS product updates
The OHS online annual subscription offers:
- advanced access to the OHS Code and related materials
- enhanced search (OHS Legislation by keyword or phrase)
- selective printing and downloads
Subscribe to RSS feeds to get updates on:
For additional OHS resources and subscriptions visit, OHS education and resources.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.