Each year, the public acts and private acts enacted by the Legislature that year (bills that receive Royal Assent) are published by Alberta King's Printer in a hard-cover volume. These Annual Volumes of the Statutes of Alberta are the authoritative source that should be consulted for the purposes of interpreting and applying the law.
Public acts – include entirely new public acts, public amendment acts, repeal acts and appropriation acts.
Private acts – are brought forward (or petitioned) by Members of the Legislative Assembly, and do not affect the population as a whole.
Each Annual Volume contains:
- table of contents that lists the acts by chapter number
- alphabetical list of acts
- public acts enacted in that year
- private acts enacted in that year
- reference materials (at the end of the volume)
The first page of each act displays the:
- bill number under which the act was introduced in the Legislative Assembly (in the upper left-hand corner)
- title of the act
- chapter number assigned to the act
- date on which the act was given Royal Assent
Search Annual Volumes
View the Annual Volumes for the current year and previous years.