Scammers are sending emails claiming to be from the MEP:
- It will say something like you need to update your personal or banking information.
- Do not give out your personal or banking information.
- Do not click on any links in the email.
The MEP never asks clients for banking information or allows banking information to be updated:
- by email, or
- through MEP Accounts Online, or
- any way online, or
- any other way like text and instant message
If you see something suspicious or think you have been the target of a scam:
- report it to the police and to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre or
- call 1-888-495-8501
Connect with the Maintenance Enforcement Program.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.