Information is available for individuals evacuating to Alberta from Northwest Territories wildfires. Learn more.
The FSCD program is based on the Family Support for Children with Disabilities Act (FSCD Act) and the FSCD Regulation. We work in partnership with eligible families of children with disabilities to help parents:
- with supports and services to raise your child and promote their healthy development
- encourage your child to take part in activities at home and in community
- maintain guardianship, responsibility for decision-making and usual expenses to raise a child until they are 18 years old
- with some of the extraordinary costs related to your child's disability
Services are tailored to meet your family’s situation by working together with you to:
- determine your child and family’s specific needs
- set goals to help your child develop and participate at home, school and in the community
- agree on services and resources to help achieve your child and family’s goals
- regularly review your goals and needs
Get help to navigate and access disability supports and services in Alberta from Family resource centres.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.