- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Alberta budget
- Assurance and accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
Discover the 4 key themes and 8 subjects for elementary grades and have your say.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
Diploma exam and Provincial Achievement Test results
Results are available under K to 12 provincial assessment.
- Feb 26, 2024Funding boost fuels school nutrition programs | Des fonds supplémentaires pour alimenter les programmes de nutrition scolaire
A one-time $5-million grant will expand the province’s school nutrition program to provide more students with well-rounded meals and snacks this school year.
- Jan 11, 2024
Twelve Indigenous organizations from across the province will receive $3 million in funding from the Bridging Classrooms to Communities pilot program.
- Dec 14, 2023
Albertans are looking for a stronger focus on history and global events in the new social studies curriculum.