Student information and high school transcripts

Use myPass to order Alberta High School Transcripts and Diplomas, view Detailed Academic Reports (DARs) and more.


The myPass account is for student records and includes:

  • documents available in English and French (includes French accented characters):
    • school transcripts
    • awarded credentials
    • verification of proof of name, school enrolment, age and residence may be required by the Canada Revenue Agency
  • Courses and marks
    • view diploma exam marks
    • register to write or rewrite diploma exams with online payment
    • view and print Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)
    • view progress towards a credential (diploma or certificate)
    • view Provincial Achievement Test (PAT) results for grades 6 and 9
    • contact your school or school authority for grade 9 transcripts.
    • track orders of all requests

Remember to log out of myPass and close the browser if you are accessing it on a shared or public computer.


What is myPass?

Overview of myPass columns and tiles

How to sign up for myPass as a current student or parent

How to sign up for myPass as a former student, call 780-427-5318

Ordering a diploma or transcript step-by-step

Express shipping your diploma or your transcript step-by-step

Required information to sign up for myPass

To sign up, you must have:

  • an Education Account (current students can contact their school and former students can contact Help Desk)
  • the student's Alberta Student Number Look up ASN, learn more about your ASN
  • the student's date of birth
  • a current personal email address (school emails are not recommended)

Students, parents or guardians

Students, parents or guardians can sign up at the student’s high school or online with myPass. We encourage all high school students to sign up in Grade 10.

A student can grant myPass access to other individuals by entering that individual’s email address in myPass and specifying the relationship. This will generate an access code. The other individual may then input this code along with their email address into myPass to view the student’s information.

Sign-up letter

If a student is not able to sign up at their school or directly with myPass, they may use myPass to have a signup letter mailed to their address that is currently on file. This letter will provide instructions and allow them to securely create a myPass account.

  • Sign-up letter contents

    The signup letter contains an access code valid for 30 days. If more than 30 days has passed, students can either:

    • visit myPass to request access again; or
    • contact Help Desk at 780-427-5318, option 1. For toll-free access in Alberta, dial 310-0000 first.
  • Access for others

    Other individuals can only access a student’s information if:

    • the student is 16 years of age or older
    • the student has attended an accredited Alberta school, and
    • the student grants access to the person through myPass
  • Account access

    Parents or guardians can access their child’s information if:

    • the student has attended an accredited Alberta school, and
    • the parent/guardian’s contact information, including email address, is entered by the student’s school into PASIprep

    Parents or guardians can access this information until the child turns 18 years of age or becomes independent. Parents or guardians can then request access from the child as an authorized user.


The Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement contains the highest marks and credits awarded to a student.

Important dates

  • First semester transcripts are available in mid-February
  • Second semester transcripts are available in mid-July
  • Summer school transcripts are available the last week of August

Transcripts include:

  • reporting of coursework completed in Alberta-accredited and out-of-province schools
  • additional information on unique course mark scenarios
  • external credentials and dual enrolments to support the Provincial Dual Credit Strategy
  • security features in the paper used for transcripts and credentials include heat sensitive ink and embedded watermarks
  • high school course codes and course names, see the list of provincially authorized high school course codes (includes withdrawn courses).

Learn more about how to read a transcript or view the video:

Ordering a diploma or transcript step-by-step


A student’s legal name, as registered under the Vital Statistics Act, is displayed by default on transcripts, credentials and provincial assessments.

Official document examples

You may be asked to provide official transcripts and credentials for the following:

  • student loans
  • post-secondary admission
  • employment

How to order your transcript

Alberta post-secondary institutions

  • If you are applying to an Alberta post-secondary institution, the institution can order transcripts online on your behalf from ApplyAlberta.
  • You will not be charged a fee.
  • Out-of-province schools can request a student’s digital record through Alberta Student Link.

General requests

  • High school transcripts can be ordered at any time online using myPass and sent to a destination of your choice.
  • There is a $10.00 non-refundable processing fee for each copy.

Express Shipping

  • Students may pay for and order a courier to pick up and deliver their credentials or transcripts. Courier pickup hours at Alberta Education are between 10 am and 4:20 pm, Monday to Friday, not including statutory holidays.

Express shipping your diploma or your transcript step-by-step

  • The size of the envelope is 9”x12” and it weighs less than 1 lb.
  • Refer to the instructions in the “Action Required” email from myPass. You may need to check your spam folder.


The following student records forms are available to use if you are not able to access myPass:

Online document submission

Student Records Services

Upload forms and files using the Secure Account sign-in.

Only PDF documents and image files may be uploaded.

Alberta Education's Student Records will review your application and contact you by e-mail within 5 business days. Remember to check the e-mail that you provided in the application form.

Alberta Student Number

Your ASN is assigned when you first enrol in school. The 9-digit number will be required throughout your education.

You will need your ASN to:

  • create a myPass account
  • register to write a Canadian Adult Education Credential (CAEC) test
  • apply for funding applications (student aid, grants, Rutherford Scholarship and bursaries)
  • apply to Alberta post-secondary institutions (universities, colleges, technical institutions, and apprenticeship programs)

Find your ASN

Students can view their ASN within myPass.

If you attended a school in Alberta, you can find your ASN on documents issued by schools or Alberta Education. These include:

  • a school report card
  • a school ID card
  • an Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement
  • a Detailed Academic Report
  • a Diploma or Certificate of Achievement letter
  • Look up ASN

Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)

A DAR contains a student’s entire high school course mark history, including:

  • all high school course attempts
  • official course marks
  • credits awarded

A DAR is an unofficial record and is intended for student use only. The Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement is the official record to be used to apply for student loans, post-secondary admission and employment.

Students can view their DAR within myPass.


For access to myPass call the Help Desk. Access to myPass cannot be completed by email.

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-5318
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)

Connect with Transcripts and Diplomas:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-5732
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]

Connect with Student Enrolment and Marks:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-422-9337
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]