This tests your knowledge of Alberta’s traffic laws. The following guidelines apply:
- you must take the test at a registry agent office for a fee of $17
- the test is 30 multiple choice questions and you must score a minimum of 25 to pass
- if you fail the test must wait one day before taking the test again. You may take the test as many times as required to pass
- test stations have audio-assistant devices that read the questions and choices of answers to you for a $30
- if you’re an ESL student and only need minimal help, you can use an English conversion dictionary
- if you want to take the test in a language other than the 10 listed below, you’ll need to pay for an approved translator, typically an additional $75 to $100
- class 1, 2, 3, 4, and air brake knowledge tests can only be taken in English
- you can only take 1 test per day
Practice tests are available for class 7 knowledge tests.
You can study online operator's handbooks for all classes of knowledge tests.
The test is available in 10 languages:
- Chinese (Traditional)