Individuals wanting to train Authorized Assistants and provide 'core lesson' pesticide applicator tutorial training must become Pesticide Applicator Trainers. This section includes the qualifying requirements to become a pesticide trainer.
The pesticide applicator training program is in place to:
- ensure consistent delivery of 'core' pesticide assistant and applicator training
- provide trainers with background information to enhance their delivery of the training
- foster an ongoing relationship between trainers and Alberta Environment and Parks to improve the training course and to provide trainers with new information
- provide additional information to trainers, such as
- examination statistics
- examination blueprints
- exam and text-review schedules
- areas in which candidates are not mastering knowledge
How to become a trainer
To become a pesticide applicator trainer, you must:
- be a certified applicator
- have 5 years of pesticide application experience
- complete a 'Train the Trainer' in-class course
For more information, go to Using pesticides - Applicator tutorials.
When courses are offered
One 'Train the Trainer' course is usually offered every winter. After successful completion of the course, Lakeland College will issue a Pesticide Applicator Trainer Certificate. This certificate is good for 5 years.
To renew a trainer certificate, a recertification session must be attended. These are also usually offered every winter.
To register for either of the above courses, contact Lakeland College.
Connect with Outreach Services:
Alberta Environment and Parks
9th Floor, South Petroleum Plaza 9920 108 Street
Edmonton Alberta T5K 2G8
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-3773 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Outside Alberta: 780-944-0313
Toll free: 1-877-944-0313
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.