Reports on road conditions, construction, major incidents and weather alerts that could affect travel on Alberta highways.
Safety, rules, regulations and permits for commercial transportation.
Information about driver's licences, practice knowledge tests, preparing for road tests and becoming a driver.
Financial assistance programs for municipal governments and organizations.
Information about Alberta’s transportation network.
Technical resources and specifications for transportation contractors.
Resources for businesses that want to bid on transportation construction tenders and contracts.
Before getting any class of licence in Alberta, you will need to take a road test.
Research indicates that driver distractions contribute to 20 to 30% of all collisions and that distracted drivers are 3 times more likely to be involved in a collision than attentive drivers.
Commercial driver training
Learn about mandatory driver training, driver’s licence endorsements, and driver improvement courses for commercial drivers.
Commercial carrier pre-entry requirements
Enhanced requirements for new and existing commercial trucking companies come into effect in 2019.
Southwest Calgary Ring Road
Learn more about the Southwest Calgary Ring Road project which will run between Highway 8 and Macleod Trail.
The ministry consists of the Department of Transportation and the Alberta Transportation Safety Board (ATSB).
The department promotes a vital and diverse economy by:
- managing transportation safety
- supporting municipalities with public transportation and water/wastewater facilities
- expanding and enhancing a well-integrated transportation system and enabling market access
- preserving and developing the provincial highway network and water management infrastructure
- holds driver conduct hearings
- hears appeals of driver, vehicle, commercial carrier and railway safety decisions
- provides policy feedback and recommendations on Traffic Safety Act implementation and enforcement
- Annual reports
- Budget documents
- Business plans
- Ministry publications
- Provincial Construction Program
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Staff directory
- Telephone directory by community
- Sep 13, 2019
Crews are installing overhead signs and completing other work for the Deerfoot Trail interchange from Sept. 12 to Sept. 26 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Sep 12, 2019
The Government of Alberta is taking immediate steps to reduce wait times for all driver’s licence classes.
- Sep 09, 2019
Highway 43 between Highway 2 and Range Road 63 will be closing at 7 p.m. on Sept. 10.