Reports on road conditions, construction, major incidents and weather alerts that could affect travel on Alberta highways.
Safety, rules, regulations and permits for commercial transportation.
Information about driver's licences, practice knowledge tests, preparing for road tests and becoming a driver.
Financial assistance programs for municipal governments and organizations.
Information about Alberta’s transportation network.
Technical resources and specifications for transportation contractors.
Resources for businesses that want to bid on transportation construction tenders and contracts.
Always slow down, proceed carefully through an intersection, and be prepared for the unexpected.
A plan for jobs and the economy.
Commercial driver training
Learn about mandatory driver training, driver’s licence endorsements, and driver improvement courses for commercial drivers.
Commercial carrier pre-entry requirements
Enhanced requirements for new and existing commercial trucking companies come into effect in 2019.
Road testing engagement
Provide your input on ways to improve Alberta’s road testing system by December 22, 2019.
The ministry consists of the Department of Transportation and the Alberta Transportation Safety Board (ATSB).
The department promotes a vital and diverse economy by:
- managing transportation safety
- supporting municipalities with public transportation and water/wastewater facilities
- expanding and enhancing a well-integrated transportation system and enabling market access
- preserving and developing the provincial highway network and water management infrastructure
- holds driver conduct hearings
- hears appeals of driver, vehicle, commercial carrier and railway safety decisions
- provides policy feedback and recommendations on Traffic Safety Act implementation and enforcement
- Annual reports
- Budget documents
- Business plans
- Ministry publications
- Provincial Construction Program
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
- Telephone directory by community
- Jan 24, 2020
A wide load will travel between Edmonton and the Fort McMurray area the last week of January.
- Dec 30, 2019
The Government of Alberta encourages Albertans to practise safe driving in the new year.
- Dec 23, 2019
With the holiday season in full swing, Albertans are reminded to drive safe and sober this month.