We are taking action to protect the livelihoods of hardworking Albertans in the construction industry by introducing timelines and rules for payments and liens, ensuring contractors and subcontractors are paid on time.
- Paying a traffic tickets and other fines has never been easier with our online fine payment system.
- Access a number of government services online through MyAlberta eServices.
- Alberta SuperNet delivers connectivity to 4,200 public sector buildings.
- Consumer protection helps keep Alberta’s marketplace fair for buyers and sellers.
- The Utilities Consumer Advocate offers education and mediation to help Albertans navigate our complex utility market.
- Public sector goods that have outlived their original purpose are sold online and in-person through Government Surplus Sales.
Service Alberta is the government’s solution provider and supports the significant events in Albertans’ lives, like having a child, getting married, mourning the loss of a loved one, getting a driver’s licence, or buying a home.
Service Alberta is responsible for:
- protecting consumers in an increasingly complex economic environment
- modernizing the delivery of current programs and services to meet emerging needs
- developing innovations to prepare the government to meet future needs
- overseeing registry activities, like vehicle, business and land registrations
- leading development of a provincial broadband strategy
- protecting and maintaining the government’s IT infrastructure
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Alberta parents can register their newborn’s birth information and order birth certificates online.
- Sep 23, 2022
The governments of Canada and Alberta are investing $70.6 million to connect more than 10,400 homes across the province to high-speed internet.
- Sep 22, 2022
An ad campaign by the Utilities Consumer Advocate (UCA) will remind Albertans of their options for purchasing energy for their homes.
- Sep 20, 2022
The Alberta Broadband Fund (ABF) will expand access to financial support for rural broadband to ensure that no community is left behind.