Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Minister Dale Nally
Dale Nally was sworn in as Minister of Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction on October 24, 2022.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction is the government’s solution provider and supports the significant events in Albertans’ lives, like having a child, getting married, mourning the loss of a loved one, getting a driver’s licence, or buying a home.
Our ministry is responsible for:
- protecting consumers in an increasingly complex economic environment
- overseeing registry activities, like vehicle, business and land registrations
- cutting red tape by one-third to reduce costs, speed up approvals, and make life easier for hard-working Albertans and businesses
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
We are taking action to protect the livelihoods of hardworking Albertans in the construction industry by introducing timelines and rules for payments and liens, ensuring contractors and subcontractors are paid on time.
New legislation will help keep Albertans safe by ensuring violent offenders must live under their own names.
Use our enforcement search tool to learn if an individual or business was not following consumer protection laws.
- Consumer protection helps keep Alberta’s marketplace fair for buyers and sellers.
- Public sector goods that have outlived their original purpose are sold online and in-person through Government Surplus Sales.
Red tape reduction initiatives have been completed to reduce costs, speed up approvals and make life easier for hard-working Albertans and businesses.
Alberta parents can register their newborn’s birth information and order birth certificates online.
- Mar 08, 2023
New legislation would cut red tape to support irrigation districts, strengthen property rights for landowners and add greater certainty around funding for LRT projects.
- Mar 06, 2023
Minister of Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction Dale Nally and Minister of Justice Tyler Shandro issued the following statement on Fraud Prevention Month:
- Feb 16, 2023
Olivia and Noah continue their streak as the most popular baby names in Alberta in 2022.