COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
We are taking action to protect the livelihoods of hardworking Albertans in the construction industry by introducing timelines and rules for payments and liens, ensuring contractors and subcontractors are paid on time.
- Paying a traffic tickets and other fines has never been easier with our online fine payment system.
- Access a number of government services online through MyAlberta eServices.
- Alberta SuperNet delivers connectivity to 4,200 public sector buildings.
- Consumer protection helps keep Alberta’s marketplace fair for buyers and sellers.
- The Utilities Consumer Advocate offers education and mediation to help Albertans navigate our complex utility market.
- Public sector goods that have outlived their original purpose are sold online and in-person through Government Surplus Sales.
Service Alberta is the government’s solution provider and supports the significant events in Albertans’ lives, like having a child, getting married, mourning the loss of a loved one, getting a driver’s licence, or buying a home.
Service Alberta is responsible for:
- protecting consumers in an increasingly complex economic environment
- modernizing the delivery of current programs and services to meet emerging needs
- developing innovations to prepare the government to meet future needs
- overseeing registry activities, like vehicle, business and land registrations
- leading development of a provincial broadband strategy
- protecting and maintaining the government’s IT infrastructure
Alberta parents can register their newborn’s birth information and order birth certificates online.
- Nov 15, 2021
Alberta’s government continues working to ensure the province is the most competitive and attractive place to do business in Canada.
- Oct 29, 2021
Alberta’s government is continuing to attract and promote tech talent in our province by partnering with Platform Calgary to host a hackathon.
- Oct 26, 2021
In referendums held on Oct. 18, Albertans participating in the 2021 municipal election had the opportunity to vote on equalization and year-round daylight saving time.