Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Current school projects
The Alberta government works with provincial school boards to build schools in Alberta.
View Alberta Infrastructure’s list of school projects and their progress.
2022 Approved School Capital Projects (PDF, 420 KB)
2021 Approved School Capital Projects (PDF, 430 KB)
2020 Approved School Capital Projects (PDF, 407 KB)
2019 Approved School Capital Projects (PDF, 423 KB)
Budget 2022 moves Alberta forward towards personal and economic prosperity by building capacity in our health-care system, developing the talents and skills of our workforce and providing opportunities for all Albertans to succeed and thrive. Find out more at: Budget 2022 Capital Plan.
Every year, each school board creates a list of building projects that are important to their communities for the next 3 years. This list is known as the board’s 3-year capital plan.
Government uses information from the individual school board plans to create a provincial capital plan.
Provincial capital plans consider many factors, including:
- a school’s impact on health and safety of students
- the condition of the buildings
- enrolment trends
- each school board’s 3-year capital plan
The provincial capital plan helps government decide which projects will be approved when funding is available for school projects.
If a project is approved, the local school board, Alberta Education and Alberta Infrastructure work together on the details of the project to help ensure it meets students’ needs.
School boards may also identify partners that could help enhance projects for students and the greater community.
The School Capital Manual includes policies, procedures, guidelines and references for funding and planning projects. It is updated on an ongoing basis as required.
School Capital Reporting System – User Manual (PDF, 319 KB)
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
If you are still having problems opening the form, contact PDF form technical support.
Forms and guidelines
- Form 1: Notice of School Opening and Plaque Request (PDF, 107 KB)
- Form 3: Statement of Final Costs (XLSX, 27 KB)
- Form 4: Reporting of Designated Space in School Buildings (XLSM, 117 KB)
- Guidelines for site work for projects to be submitted within the three year capital plan (DOCX, 68 KB)
- Form 9: Modular Classroom Program Request (XLSX, 184 KB)
- Form 12: Maintenance and Renewal SFC – report-cover-sheet (XLSX, 37 KB)
- Form 14: Modular Prep Sheet (DOTX, 244 KB)
- Form 15: Modular Relocation Prep Sheet (DOTX, 238 KB)
- Form 18: Instructional Area (XLSM, 218 KB)
- Form 19: Relocation of Outreach Programs K-12 Facilities (XLSM, 117 KB)
- Form 20: Payment Request Form (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- Technical design requirements for Alberta infrastructure facilities (PDF, 19 MB)
- Solar Energy for Public buildings in Alberta (PDF, 586 KB)
- Francophone Jurisdictions (PDF, 214 KB)
- Separate Jurisdictions (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Public Jurisdictions (PDF, 3.9 MB)
Memorandum of Understanding
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.