Minister Brian Jean
Brian Jean was sworn in as Minister of Jobs, Economy and Northern Development on October 24, 2022.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Jobs, Economy and Northern Development outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Employers can save time using employment standards and OHS online services to access applications, submit appeals and create reports.
Resources are available to help community leaders, industry and business diversify and grow their regional economies.
- Learn about Alberta’s employment rules on minimum wage, overtime, holidays, job-protected leaves, vacations and more.
- Stay up-to-date on economic statistics in your sector.
- Access labour market information to help with planning and staffing.
- Use the search tool to access health and safety rules for Alberta’s workplaces.
- Access resources for small businesses.
- View resources to help grow regional economies.
Leading efforts to grow Alberta’s economy by supporting Alberta’s entrepreneurs and employers, helping recruit and retain workers and promoting safe, fair and health workplaces by:
- Jobs: helping attract skilled workers and establishing and enforcing Alberta’s employment standards and laws governing the health and safety of Alberta’s workplaces
- Economy: supporting Alberta entrepreneurs, businesses and communities to drive growth and job creation
- Northern and regional development: supporting the unique economic development needs of Alberta’s various regions, including Alberta’s north
Agencies we’re responsible for:
- Annual reports
- Budget documents
- Business plans
- Ministry publications
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Personal information bank directories
- Media inquiries
Affordable, friendly and rich in opportunity, Alberta is the answer to building your future.
Northern Alberta Development Council Bursary
Bursaries are available for students training for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta.
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs and job creators, and promote the development of Alberta’s primary and emerging sectors.
Remembering fallen workers
Grants are available to non-profit and public sector organizations to create physical memorials for workers who died as a result of their work.
Film and television tax credit
Tax credit supports medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
- Apr 28, 2023
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Northern Development Brian Jean issued the following statement on the National Day of Mourning:
- Apr 25, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing almost $1.9 million to expand the Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursary program.
- Apr 21, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing $5 million in 2023-2024 to train the skilled employees the province’s thriving aerospace industry requires.