Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
- Learn about Alberta’s employment rules on minimum wage, overtime, holidays, job-protected leaves, vacations and more.
- Stay up-to-date on economic statistics in your sector.
- Access labour market information to help with planning and staffing.
- Use the search tool to access health and safety rules for Alberta’s workplaces.
- Access resources for small businesses.
- View resources to help grow regional economies.
Leading efforts to grow Alberta’s economy by supporting Alberta’s entrepreneurs and employers, helping recruit and retain workers and promoting safe, fair and health workplaces by:
- Jobs: helping attract skilled workers and establishing and enforcing Alberta’s employment standards and laws governing the health and safety of Alberta’s workplaces
- Economy: supporting Alberta entrepreneurs, businesses and communities to drive growth and job creation
- Northern and regional development: supporting the unique economic development needs of Alberta’s various regions, including Alberta’s north
Agencies we’re responsible for:
- Annual reports
- Budget documents
- Business plans
- Ministry publications
Affordable, friendly and rich in opportunity, Alberta is the answer to building your future.
Bursaries are available for students training for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta.
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs and job creators, and promote the development of Alberta’s primary and emerging sectors.
Remembering fallen workers
Grants are available to non-profit and public sector organizations to create physical memorials for workers who died as a result of their work.
Film and television tax credit
Tax credit supports medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
- Jan 26, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing in Edmonton’s downtown to support projects that create an exciting place to live and work.
- Jan 24, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing in Calgary’s downtown to support a vibrant and safe community and grow economic momentum.
- Jan 06, 2023
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Northern Development Brian Jean issued the following statement about the December 2022 Labour Force Survey from Statistics Canada: