Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Minister Adriana LaGrange
Adriana LaGrange was sworn in as Minister of Education on April 30, 2019.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Education outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Alberta budget
- Assurance and accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
Discover the 4 key themes and 8 subjects for elementary grades and have your say.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
Diploma exam and Provincial Achievement Test results
Results are available under K to 12 provincial assessment.
- Mar 23, 2023
Alberta’s government is committed to ensuring francophone students have the resources, spaces and opportunities they need to grow and succeed.
- Mar 20, 2023More funding going into Alberta classrooms | Plus de financement pour les salles de classe de l’Alberta
Alberta’s government is increasing funding over the next three years to address complexities in the classroom.
- Mar 17, 2023
Francophone teachers and students will benefit from updated K-6 French curriculum and resources in September.
Provincial Education Directory
Login to access applications and services for the education system.