- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Feb 18, 2021
Junior and senior high school students can have their voices heard by applying to join the Education Minister’s Youth Council.
- Jan 24, 2021
Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on International Day of Education:
- Jan 21, 2021
The Calgary Board of Education has made progress to improve its governance and financial management while completing ministerial order directives.