COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Assurance and accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Discover the 4 key themes and 8 subjects for elementary grades and have your say.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Nov 16, 2021
The Students First Act would ensure safety for students and confidence for parents by increasing transparency and accountability in the teacher discipline process.
- Nov 15, 2021
Minister of Community and Social Services Jason Luan and Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on Bullying Awareness Week 2021:
- Nov 08, 2021
The Wellness, Resiliency and Partnership (WRaP): FASD Coaching project gives educators tools and skills to help students with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder thrive.