- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Assurance and accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Discover the 4 key themes and 8 subjects for elementary grades and have your say.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Aug 17, 2022More dollars going into classrooms to support today’s students | Plus d'argent dans les salles de classe pour soutenir les élèves d'aujourd'hui
Staffing projections show up to 1,600 more teachers and support staff will be hired in the upcoming school year. Alberta’s government is also providing school authorities additional funding to support higher salaries for teachers, address enrolment growth and support francophone education.
- Aug 12, 2022
Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange and Minister of Children’s Services Matt Jones issued the following statement on International Youth Day:
- Jul 28, 2022Improving child and youth mental health in schools | Améliorer la santé mentale des enfants et des jeunes dans les écoles
Alberta’s government is providing $87 million over three years to improve access to mental health and pediatric rehabilitation supports for children and youth.