How Alberta K to 12 education works to meet the individual needs of each student.
Early Childhood Services (ECS) includes Kindergarten and educational programming for children as young as 2 years 8 months of age.
Improving education outcomes and creating opportunities for First Nations, Métis and Inuit students in Alberta.
General information on Francophone education, French immersion and French as a second language.
Diploma exams, PATs and SLAs, and how teachers are involved in provincial assessments.
We are delighted to launch our beta version of the new LearnAlberta.ca with the draft K-4 curriculum.
Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments.
Use myPass to order Alberta High School Transcripts and Diplomas, view Detailed Academic Reports (DARs) and more.
Learn about the teaching profession and how to become a certificated teacher in Alberta.
Provide your input on the draft ministerial order on student learning to help shape the direction of education by February 24, 2020.
Find out more about what students learn in Alberta's K to 12 education system and get resources to support their learning.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- Interchange opportunities
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Feb 18, 2020
A new way to fund Alberta’s K-12 education system will drive more dollars to the classroom where they can deliver the best outcomes for students.
- Feb 06, 2020
Junior and senior high school students are encouraged to apply for the 2020-21 Education Minister’s Youth Council.
- Jan 29, 2020Moving forward with modernizing student learning | Aller de l’avant avec la modernisation de l’apprentissage des élèves
An advisory panel appointed by government has provided recommendations for curriculum and drafted a new vision for student learning that will help shape the direction of education.