Proclaimed the Education Act, providing a strong foundation that will serve as a blueprint for the education system for years to come.
- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- Interchange opportunities
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Jun 02, 2020
Twenty-six playground projects across Alberta that had not previously been funded will now move forward thanks to a boost of $5 million.
- May 28, 2020Protecting choice in education | Protéger le choix des Albertains et Albertaines en matière d'éducation
Bill 15, the Choice in Education Act, will protect choice within Alberta’s robust and diverse education system.
- May 21, 2020
Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on World Catholic Education Day: