- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Gathered input on the draft ministerial order on student learning to help shape the direction of education. The finalized ministerial order came into effect on August 6, 2020.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Jan 17, 2021
Minister of Children’s Services Rebecca Schulz and Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on International Mentoring Day:
- Jan 17, 2021
Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange and Minister of Jobs, Economy and Innovation Doug Schweitzer issued the following statement on Kid Inventors’ Day:
- Jan 14, 2021
Language describing case numbers of COVID-19 in schools is being updated based on feedback from education partners – including parents, schools and boards.