- Legislation and practices to ensure that schools are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments..
- Resources to help students prepare to write diploma exams and information for exam administrators.
- Information for educators on Provincial achievement tests administered to Alberta students in grades 6 and 9.
- How to apply for teacher certification in Alberta.
- Information about K to 12 online learning, distance education and blended learning, and home education in Alberta.
- Information on the General Educational Development (GED) including eligibility and where you can write the tests.
- New quality standards and competencies for members of the teaching profession in Alberta.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
- Assurance and accountability in Alberta’s K to 12 education system
- K to 12 education financial statements
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Discover the 4 key themes and 8 subjects for elementary grades and have your say.
Online Learning Guides
The new guides will help students and their families assess the strengths of online and blended learning.
Graduation requirements, credentials and credits
Learn about the many ways to finish high school in Alberta.
- Jun 22, 2022
Eligible school authorities will receive more funding to address high fuel costs for student transportation.
- Jun 07, 2022Investing in career-based learning for students | Investir dans les apprentissages axés sur les carrières pour les élèves
High school students will have access to more learning experiences to make meaningful transitions to post-secondary education or the workplace.
- Jun 01, 2022More supports for students affected by the pandemic | Soutien accru pour les élèves touchés par la pandémie
Alberta’s government is investing an additional $113 million to provide targeted supports for students experiencing both academic and mental health challenges.