Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
All certificate applicants who meet the qualification criteria described in the Blaster’s Certification Program Guide are eligible to apply.
Out of province applicants
Certificate applicants for either category (A) or (B) having a current and comparable certificate from another Canadian jurisdiction must complete section 3d of the application form and provide a copy of the certificate with the application.
- A certificate is issued for a maximum of 5 years.
- A Director may issue a certificate for less than 5 years. This is determined on a case-by-case basis
How to apply
Step 1. Fill out application
Use the instructions on the Blaster's Certificate Application (PDF, 170 KB) to help complete the form.
Two ways to fill out the form:
- Fill out the form online, then save a copy to your computer. Print and sign the completed form. Validate your printed form. Scan the signed form if sending by email.
- Print form and fill out by hand, then sign. Validate your printed application form.
Step 2. Submit application
Send in your completed form, with supporting documents (as outlined in the program guide by mail or email.
OHS – Specialized Professional Services
J. G. O'Donoghue Building
Main Floor, 7000 – 113 Street
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Email: [email protected]
After you apply
- The Director will review your application to ensure it meets requirements.
- The Director may contact you for additional information or documents.
- If your application is approved, you will be contacted to write an exam.
- After successfully passing the exam a blaster’s certificate will be sent to your personal address as entered on the application form.