OHS certificates

Get a blaster’s certificate, underground mine manager or foreman certificate, or register your radiation equipment.


To handle, prepare, fire or dispose of explosives or to supervise workers who work underground, you must apply for a certificate.

In focus

Any worker who uses, handles, prepares, loads, fires, burns or destroys an explosive or detonator must hold a blaster’s certificate.

An employer must ensure that workers working underground are supervised by a certified mine manager or foreman.

Previous Legislation
Next Prevention