Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
The applicants for the underground mine manager and foreman certificates who meet the qualification criteria described in the Underground Mine Foreman and Underground Mine Manager Certification Program Guide are eligible to apply.
Out of province applicants
An applicant must provide a copy of their current and comparable certificate from another Canadian jurisdiction.
- A certificate is issued for a maximum of 5 years.
- A Director may issue a certificate for less than 5 years. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
Step 1. Fill out application
Use the instructions on the Underground Mine Manager and or Underground Mine Foreman Application to apply.
Two ways to fill out form:
- Fill out the form online, then save a copy to your computer. Print and sign the completed form. Validate your printed form. Scan the signed form if sending by email.
- Print form and fill out by hand, then sign. Validate your printed application form.
Step 2. Submit application
Send in your completed form, with supporting documents (as outlined in the program guide) by mail or email.
OHS – Specialized Professional Services
J. G. O'Donoghue Building
Main Floor, 7000 – 113 Street
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Email: [email protected]
After you apply
- The Director will review your application to ensure it meets requirements.
- The Director may contact you for additional information or documents.
- If your application is approved, you will be contacted to write an exam.
- After successfully passing the exam(s), a certificate will be sent to the address as entered on the application form.
Connect with OHS: