Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
OHS Code updates
Updates to parts of the OHS Code went into effect on March 31, 2023, after consultation with employers, workers and health and safety professionals.
These updates make sure health and safety rules keep pace with changes to workplaces, standards, new best practices, new technology and align with other Canadian jurisdictions.
Most changes are administrative and remove duplication and clarify requirements. Others update technical standards so they reflect current health and safety practices across Canada and new technology. The updated OHS Code also clarifies health and safety responsibilities for work site parties for some requirements. This makes sure responsibilities are assigned to the work site party best able to fulfill them so that hazards can be controlled and workplaces can be as healthy and safe as possible.
Visit the OHS Resource portal for resources on the changes.
View the Ministerial Order for the official legislation.
Visit the engagement page to learn more about the ongoing review of the OHS Code.
OHS legislation search tool
The OHS legislation search tool helps you quickly find and download individual sections of the OHS Act, regulation and code. The 'My Quick Reference' feature allows you to save and share a personalized PDF with information that is relevant to your workplace.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act – official online version (in effect December 1, 2021)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation – official online version (in effect December 1, 2021)
Official online version
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.