- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
The purpose of PAC
The OLEP PAC is a committee comprised of proportional representation of members from diverse geographical regions including:
- French minority-language and second-language school authorities
- rural and urban school authorities
- public and separate school authorities, and
- officials from Alberta Education
The committee discusses and strategizes direction and leadership to ensure the vitality of francophone education and French second-language programming in Alberta through:
- targeted funding
- enriched program delivery and
- collaborative action
It is not a decision-making body.
Membership is renewed every two years, and a recruitment process for new members is being developed.
2019-20 to 2020-21 OLEP PAC members
French minority-language school authority representatives:
- Anne-Marie Boucher, Executive Director, Fédération des conseils scolaires francophone de l’Alberta (FCSFA)
- Robert Lessard, Superintendent, Greater North Central Francophone Education Region
French second-language school authority representatives:
- Barry Litun, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) – ending July 31, 2020
- David Keohane, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS)– effective August 1st, 2020
- Helmut Kaiser, Director, Instructional Services, Calgary Catholic School Division
- Sandy MacDonald, Superintendent, Grande Prairie School Division
- Ryan Marshall, Director, Elk Island School Division
- Carra Aschenmeier, Director of Curriculum, Grande Yellowhead School Division
Ministry of Education representatives:
- Ministry of Education (Chair) – Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Services and Governance or Designate
- Ministry of Education (Secretariat) – Director, Intergovernmental Relations or Designate