COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The purpose of PAC
The OLEP PAC is a committee comprised of proportional representation of members from diverse geographical regions including:
- Francophone regional authorities and second-language school authorities
- rural and urban school authorities
- public and separate school authorities, and
- representatives from Alberta Education
The committee discusses and strategizes direction and leadership related to official languages in education programs to ensure the vitality of francophone education and French second-language programming in Alberta through:
- targeted funding;
- enriched program delivery; and
- collaborative action.
It is not a decision-making body.
2019/20 to 2020/21 OLEP PAC members
Francophone regional authority representatives:
- Anne-Marie Boucher, Executive Director, Fédération des conseils scolaires francophone de l’Alberta (FCSFA)
- Robert Lessard, Superintendent, Greater North Central Francophone Education Region
French second-language school authority representatives:
- Barry Litun, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) – ending July 31, 2020
- David Keohane, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) – effective August 1, 2020
- Helmut Kaiser, Director, Instructional Services, Calgary Catholic School Division
- Sandy MacDonald, Superintendent, Grande Prairie School Division
- Ryan Marshall, Director, Elk Island School Division
- Carra Aschenmeier, Director of Curriculum, Grande Yellowhead School Division
Representatives from Alberta Education:
- Ministry of Education (Chair) – Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Services and Governance or Designate
- Ministry of Education (Secretariat) – Director, Intergovernmental Relations or Designate
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.