COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
The purpose of PAC
The OLEP PAC is a committee comprised of proportional representation of members from diverse geographical regions including:
- Francophone regional authorities and second-language school authorities
- rural and urban school authorities
- public and separate school authorities, and
- representatives from Alberta Education
The committee discusses and strategizes direction and leadership related to official languages in education programs to ensure the vitality of francophone education and French second-language programming in Alberta through:
- targeted funding;
- enriched program delivery; and
- collaborative action.
It is not a decision-making body.
2021/22 to 2022/23 OLEP PAC members
- Anne-Marie Boucher, Executive Director, Fédération des conseils scolaires francophone de l’Alberta (FCSFA)
- Brigitte Kropielnicki, Superintendent of Schools, Conseil scolaire du Nord-Ouest
French second-language representatives:
- David Keohane, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS)
- Darren Young, Deputy Superintendent, Peace Wapiti School Division
- Helmut Kaiser, Director, Instructional Services, Calgary Catholic School Division
- Marnie Beaudoin, Director, Curriculum and Learning Supports, Edmonton School Division
- Ryan Marshall, Director, Elk Island School Division
- Dr. Buffy Michael, Superintendent/CEO, Tempo School
Representatives from Alberta Education:
- Ministry of Education (Chair) – Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Services and Governance or Designate
- Ministry of Education (Secretariat) – Director, Intergovernmental Relations or Designate
PAC Terms of Reference
The terms of reference document is being finalized and will be available in the near future.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.