The purpose of PAC
The Official Languages in Education Programs Provincial Advisory Committee (OLEP PAC) is a committee comprised of proportional representation of members from diverse geographical regions including:
- Francophone regional authorities and second-language school authorities
- rural and urban school authorities
- public and separate school authorities, and
- representatives from Alberta Education
The committee discusses and strategizes direction and leadership related to official languages in education programs to ensure the vitality of francophone education and French second-language programming in Alberta through:
- targeted funding;
- enriched program delivery; and
- collaborative action.
It is not a decision-making body.
2023/24 OLEP PAC members
- Anne-Marie Boucher, Executive Director, Fédération des conseils scolaires francophone de l’Alberta (FCSFA)
- Dolorèse Nolette, Superintendent of Schools, Conseil scolaire Centre-Est
French second-language representatives:
- David Keohane, Executive Director, College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS)
- Diana Boisvert, Director French Language Resource Centre, Peace Wapiti School Division
- Martin Poirier, Education Director, Area 6 and Languages, Calgary School Division
- Dr. Sarah Fedoration, Manager of English as an Additional Language and Language Programs, Edmonton Catholic School Division
- Marie-Astrid Detharet, French Immersion Coordinator of Learning Services, Chinook's Edge School Division
- Dr. Buffy Michael, Superintendent/CEO, Tempo School
Representatives from Alberta Education:
- Jeff Willan (Chair) – Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Services and Governance
- Regena Wiseman (Secretariat) – Director, Intergovernmental Relations
- Zoe Cooper – Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations
- Rachelle Bruneau – Director, French Language Services
PAC Terms of Reference
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.