- FSCD Brochure
- Welcome to the Family: an information guide for parents who have a child with a disability – guide
- Transition Planning Brochure
- FSCD specialized services: information for parents – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services: practices and approaches – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services: concerns resolution – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services and multi-year agreements – fact sheet
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
If you are still having problems opening the form, contact PDF form technical support.
- Online Claims Reimbursement Portal – This is the portal you can use to submit claims for reimbursement.
- Specialized Services – Parent Feedback form (PDF, 37 KB)
- Request for Review of a FSCD Program Decision form (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- FSCD Confirmation of Medical Appointment or Hospital Stay (PDF, 2 MB)
We will be doing periodic reviews of documentation that families are asked to keep, such as receipts, under the Financial Administration Act. To make record-keeping easier for you, we have prepared these tools:
If you have any questions, ask the financial administration staff in the FSCD program.
- Children’s Mental Health Learning Series
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- Through a Child's Eyes
- Individualized Service Plans – Planning for Success
- Supporting Adaptive Behaviour in Children with Complex Disabilities (PDF, 223 KB)
- Positive Behaviour Supports for Children (PDF, 13.5 MB)
- FSCD Cross-ministry Supports
- FSCD Agreement Digital Signature: Tips for parents and guardians (PDF, 418 KB)
Provincial Parent Advisory Committee (PPAC)
- provides a collective voice for parents of children with disabilities whose families access the FSCD program
- ensures there are ongoing discussions between the FSCD program and families
- is made up of a parent from each of the Regional Parent Advisory Committees across the province and FSCD program representatives
- is publicly accountable and provides its membership, mandate, roles and code of conduct through the list of public agencies
- the committee also discloses its compensation annually (included in the Community and Social Services Compensation Disclosure)
- Provincial Parent Advisory Committee, Family Support for Children with Disabilities annual reports
Regional Parent Advisory Committees (RPACs)
- provide a family perspective on how FSCD legislation supports positive outcomes for families and their children with disabilities
- invite any parent who is accessing the FSCD program to apply to become a member – contact your FSCD worker for information about your local committee
- RPAC members have a strong connection with their local PPAC member and the committee
Legislation, policy, guidelines
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities Act
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities Regulation
- FSCD Policy and Procedures Manual
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities: Guidelines for Demonstrating Effectiveness
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities: Guidelines for developing an individualized service plan
2016 Family Survey Provincial Report – The FSCD program surveys parents and guardians every 2 years about satisfaction and outcomes to track performance and inform planning.
Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) and Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) 2016 Family/Guardian Survey – Infographics showing key findings and highlights from the FSCD and PDD 2016 Family Survey.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.