- FSCD Brochure
- Welcome to the Family: an information guide for parents who have a child with a disability – guide
- Transition Planning Brochure
- FSCD specialized services: information for parents – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services: practices and approaches – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services: concerns resolution – fact sheet
- FSCD specialized services and multi-year agreements – fact sheet
- Online Claims Reimbursement Portal
This is the portal you can use to submit claims for reimbursement.
We will be doing periodic reviews of documentation that families are asked to keep (such as receipts) under the Financial Administration Act. To make record-keeping easier for you, we have prepared these tools:
If you have any questions, you are encouraged to ask financial administration staff in the FSCD program.
You need a MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) to access the online claims reimbursement (OCR) portal – instead of your SIAMS account. If you do not have a MADI account, please set one up using these instructions (PDF, 276 KB). If you already have a MADI account, please enter your MADI username and password. When asked if you have a SIAMS account, choose YES to transfer your SIAMS account and OCR information. Click “sign in” to proceed.
If you need assistance, contact the MADI help desk at 1-844-643-2789.
- Specialized Services – Parent Feedback – form (PDF, 37 KB)
- Request for Review of a FSCD Program Decision – form (PDF, 1.7 MB)
Provincial Parent Advisory Committee (PPAC)
- provides a collective voice for parents of children with disabilities whose families access the FSCD program
- ensures there are ongoing discussions between the FSCD program and families
- is made up of a parent from each of the Regional Parent Advisory Committees across the province and FSCD program representatives
- is publicly accountable and provides its membership, mandate, roles and code of conduct through the list of public agencies
- the committee also discloses its compensation annually (included in the Community and Social Services Compensation Disclosure)
- Provincial Parent Advisory Committee, Family Support for Children with Disabilities annual reports
Regional Parent Advisory Committees (RPACs)
- provide a family perspective on how FSCD legislation supports positive outcomes for families and their children with disabilities
- invite any parent who is accessing the FSCD program to apply to become a member – contact your FSCD worker for information about your local committee
- RPAC members have a strong connection with their local PPAC member and the committee
Legislation, policy and guidelines
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities Act
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities Regulation
- FSCD Policy and Procedures Manual
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities: Guidelines for Demonstrating Effectiveness
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities: Guidelines for developing an individualized service plan
- 2016 Family Survey Provincial Report
The FSCD program surveys parents and guardians every 2 years about satisfaction and outcomes to track performance and inform planning.
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) and Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) 2016 Family/Guardian Survey
Infographics showing key findings and highlights from the FSCD and PDD 2016 Family Survey.