- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Call 911 if you or the person you are reporting is in immediate danger.
Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437 (KIDS) to get help if you, or children you know, are being neglected, abused or sexually exploited. If you believe a child is at risk, you must report it. Help is available in multiple languages 24/7.
Child abuse, neglect and exploitation have many different warning signs. Learn to recognize them.
Child Intervention helpline
We are here to help. Connect with Alberta Child Intervention to:
- report abuse and sexual exploitation – find out more about reporting and helping someone, or
- find Children’s Services and other community resources in your area
To get help, call 1-800-638-0715 and then:
- press 1 if you are from Red Deer or a community south of Red Deer
- press 2 if you are from a community north of Red Deer
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642 for mental health advice 24/7
- HealthLink: Call 811 to find health care and get health advice 24/7
- Addiction helpline: Call 1-866-332-2322 for addiction support 24/7
Other reporting helplines
If you suspect someone is experiencing other types of abuse or family violence, you can call the:
- Family Violence Information Line: 310-1818 to get help anonymously in more than 170 languages 24/7 or chat online from noon to 8 pm daily
- Alberta provincial abuse helpline: 1-855-4HELPAB (1-855-443-5722) to report abuse in more than 100 languages from 7:30 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday
Fact sheets and other information
- Fact sheets and other online resources – for children, parents and professionals to identify, prevent and deal with child abuse and sexual exploitation
Child and Youth Advocate
- Office of the Child and Youth Advocate at 1-800-661-3466 – if you are a child or youth receiving child intervention service, or their family, and you need someone to listen and help stand up for your rights
- Local emergency shelters – for individuals and families escaping family violence or facing homelessness
- Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters – a map of member shelters across Alberta
Victim services and legal supports
- Local victim services units – if you need help with restraining and protection orders or other supports for victims of crime
- Local sexual assault centres – if you have experienced any form of sexual violence
- Legal Aid Services at 1-866-845-3425 – if you need help with legal issues
- Native Counselling Services of Alberta – if you need help with court processes or Children’s Services, or connecting to youth supports and other community resources
- Steps to file a restraining order or emergency protection order – if someone has made you afraid for your safety