Family violence is an abuse of power in a family or other trusting relationship where people rely on each other. It includes domestic violence, intimate partnership violence and child abuse. Help is available to Albertans fleeing abuse. We are here to listen and help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call 911 if someone is in immediate danger. Family violence is a crime.
Recognize the signs of family violence and know your rights, including the right to access information about your partner.
Stay safe when living in or leaving an abusive relationship and get financial help with costs to leave.
Individuals and families escaping family violence can get to safety at emergency shelters and temporary housing.
Get supports and financial help for setting up, and get help ending your rent agreement without a penalty.
- 211 Alberta: call, text or chat 211 Alberta if you are unsure who to call or what service you need
- Family Violence Info Line: call 310-1818, text 310-1818, or chat online
- Abuse Helpline: call 1-855-443-5722 (1-855-4HELPAB)
- Child Abuse Hotline: call 1-800-387-5437 (1-800-387-KIDS)
- Sexual Violence One Line: call 1-866-403-8000, text 1-866-403-8000, or chat online
- Men’s Helpline: call 1-833-327-6367 (1-833-327-MENS)
- Emergency Income Support Contact Centre: call 1-866-644-5135
- Mental Health Helpline: call 1-877-303-2642
- HealthLink: call 811
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.