- Information on post-secondary learning during COVID-19.
- How to start planning for post-secondary.
- Resources and supports for Indigenous students in Alberta’s adult learning system.
- Information for Albertans studying abroad and international students.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers, apprentices and occupational trainees.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
- Sep 18, 2023Consent Week: Ministers Fir and Sawhney | Déclarations des ministres Fir et Sawhney à l’occasion de la Semaine du consentement
Minister of Arts, Culture and Status of Women Tanya Fir and Minister of Advanced Education Rajan Sawhney issued the following statement in recognition of Consent Week:
- Sep 12, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing $5 million in planning funding for a new Multidisciplinary Science Hub that will support student and economic growth and success.
- Aug 30, 2023
The Sexual and Gender-Based Violence in Alberta Post-secondary Education report will inform new safety strategies and support survivors on campus.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.