How to terminate your guardianship
Step 1. Fill out the forms
- Claim - Family Law Act (0.1 MB)
- Statement - Terminate Guardianship (0.01 MB)
- Affidavit of Service - Applicant (0.1 MB)
Step 2. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
Terminate another person’s guardianship
If you want to terminate another person’s guardianship over your child, contact Court and Justice Services.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.