How to terminate your guardianship
Step 1. Fill out the forms
- Claim - Family Law Act (0.1 MB)
- Statement - Terminate Guardianship (0.01 MB)
- Affidavit of Service - Applicant (0.1 MB)
Step 2. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
How to terminate another person’s guardianship
If you want to terminate another person’s guardianship over your child, contact Resolution and Court Administration Services.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.