Scribing for Emergency Management prepares emergency management staff for the integral role a scribe plays in high-stress situations where decision-making relies heavily on strong, credible information.
This course is designed to:
- discuss the integral role that scribes play in emergency management
- explain how a scribe directly contributes to an organization’s response efforts
- introduce scribing methods and best practices
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- Students must complete Basic Emergency Management and ICS I-100 to enroll in Scribing for Emergency Management.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class and online.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to take 3 to 5 hours to complete.
- The self-directed online course is designed to take 2 to 4 hours to complete.
For more information on this course, see the Scribing for Emergency Management course outline.
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]