This course is designed to:
- review Alberta’s emergency management framework
- explain the implications of emergency management legislation for directors of emergency management
- discuss the role of the director of emergency management in addressing social impacts of emergencies and disasters
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- Students must complete the Basic Emergency Management and ICS I-100 courses to enroll in this course. ICS I-200 is also recommended.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class only.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
See the Director of Emergency Management course outline (PDF, 316 KB) for more information.
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.