Only eligible students will have access to online emergency management courses. To access free, online courses, you must demonstrate you are a member of our primary training audience.
Primary training audience
- municipal employees designated with a municipal emergency management role under the Emergency Management Act, including volunteer firefighters
- Government of Alberta employees with a role in emergency management, consequence management, or business continuity
- Non-government organizations (NGOs) who are members of the NGO Council of Alberta
- volunteers with search and rescue teams (submit proof of membership)
- RCMP members based in Alberta detachments
- Members of the Canadian Armed Forces (with proof of their supervisor’s approval) and based in Alberta only
Non-primary students will no longer have access to online emergency management courses.
Non-primary training audience
- anyone who lives outside of Alberta
- NGOs that are not members of the NGO Council of Alberta
- private businesses, private industries or individuals unaffiliated with any government organization
- Alberta advanced education students in emergency management programs
- public sector employees who do not have a direct role in Alberta’s emergency management system
How to register for AEMA online training
Enrol for an online course by sending an email to [email protected] to establish your eligibility and identify which course(s) you need to take. Submit proof of your affiliation with your agency when submitting a training request.
Examples of proof of affiliation include:
- sending an email directly from your official employer or organization’s email address
- attaching an email or letter from your employer or organization proving your association.
Enrolment requests can take up to 5 business days to process.
Go to Course catalogue for a description of each course.
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.