The Municipal Elected Officials (MEO) course is intended for local authorities to complete within 90 days of assuming office.
This course is designed to:
- provide background on emergency management principles
- introduce other key players in emergency management
- discuss the legislation that delegates legal responsibilities to the local authority in emergency situations
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- This course has no pre-requisites, but Basic Emergency Management is recommended.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class and online.
- The in-class course is designed to be completed in 3 to 5 hours.
- The self-directed online course is designed to be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
For more information about this course, see the MEO course outline (PDF, 136 KB).
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.