The Basic Emergency Management (BEM) course is intended for individuals who have been identified for an emergency management role in their community’s emergency plan.
This course is designed to:
- provide background on emergency management principles
- introduce key partners in emergency management
- explain the implications of emergency management legislation
Students must attend the full course and achieve 80% on the final exam to be issued a certificate of completion.
This course has no pre-requisites, but ICS I-100 is recommended.
We offer this course in-class and online.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to be completed in 6 to 7 hours.
- The self-directed online course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
See the BEM course outline (PDF, 137 KB) for more information.
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.