Recalculation Info Online
Log in now
The Child Support Recalculation Program helps parents with child support orders maintain a fair standard of support for their children.
We annually recalculate child support based on the parents’ current income tax information. Our goal is to help parents keep child support levels in line with their income, so that families can avoid the time and expense of asking the courts to review their child support orders.
We can recalculate both:
- table (monthly) amounts of child support – the amount of monthly child support a payor must pay according to the tables in the Child Support Guidelines
- proportionate shares of special or extraordinary expenses – sometimes referred to in court orders as ‘additional expenses’ or ‘section 7 expenses’; examples include education, medical, dental, visual
Recipients and payors
The recipient of support is someone who gets child support payments.
The payor of support is someone who pays child support.
Our program allows recipients and payors of support to have their eligible child support orders regularly recalculated to reflect changes in their earnings, as shown by their income tax returns.
Once someone registers, the program:
- offers an easy and inexpensive way for both parties to fulfil their legal obligation to ensure the child support their children receive matches the parents’ incomes
- provides annual changes to child support amounts that correspond to either increases (e.g. raises) or decreases (e.g. cutbacks, job loss) in income
- ensures accessibility no matter where in Alberta the parties reside
- doesn’t require either party to attend court or go to a government office
- provides certainty, predictability and transparency in the method of recalculation
We charge both the recipient and payor a service fee of $77 for each recalculation that changes their child support amount.
Minimum deemed guideline income
On October 1, 2018 the minimum wage in Alberta increased to $15 per hour. Therefore, the minimum deemed guideline income increased to $31,200.
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
- Agreement to Stop Recalculation of Special Expenses (PDF, 115 KB)
- Client Authorization of Third Party (PDF, 162 KB)
- Income Questionnaire (PDF, 125 KB)
- Notice of Objection to Recalculation Decision (PDF, 150 KB)
- Registration Request (PDF, 222 KB)
- Waive Recalculation (PDF, 122 KB)
- Withdrawal (PDF, 122 KB)
- General Program Information (PDF, 43 KB)
- Dealing with Self-Employment Income (PDF, 33 KB)
- Deemed Income Increase (PDF, 196 KB)
- Objecting to a Recalculation Decision (PDF, 35 KB)
- Objecting to a Recalculation Decision – Mandatory Prerequisites (PDF, 193 KB)
- RIO – Recalculation Info Online (PDF, 34 KB)
The program’s authority to recalculate child support comes from the:
To connect with the Child Support Recalculation Program.